Monday, December 15, 2008

Princess Unicorn

Update: if you want one, Chris is selling them on Ebay.

Chris (and this is Chris writing, excuse the 3rd person) had two work parties with white elephant gift exchanges. We watched "The Office" and when he saw the "Princess Unicorn" he decided it would be awesome to make one of them for the gift exchange. First we needed screen captures from the tv:

Then he spent a couple hours putting together the box artwork in Illustrator. We weren't able to find a barbie, dress or wand that was a exact match (although we used to have THAT EXACT wand!!!) but we found a pretty good match. The horn was carved out of a white crayon. In all we did a pretty good job.


Only 3 couples came to the first exchange so we made a second one. Different dress and different wand but it turned out great too!




You can check out the entire episode on Hulu

6 comments:

Sarah E said...

This is seriously funny. You went to some major work and it looks like you really pulled it off. Pretty awesome!

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

That is so freakin funny! You could probably make money off those like Dwight did.
That episode was great. I loved the prank Jim pulled on Dwight.

Judd said...

Chris, Judd (excuse the 3rd person :) thinks that your white elephant gift idea was Spectacular, colossal, profound, and astounding! Especially if you are an Office fan :)

art said...

I had a great laugh on this. Please share the art work. I would love to make my own Princess Unicorn.

Jess and Matt said...

Hi, I came across your blog because I am searching for a way to replicate the unicorn princess for a gift exchange. I am wondering if you still have any boxes that i could purchase or even something on your computer that you could email me. You did a really great job on yours. Thanks! Jessica- jessparks7@gmail.com

Jason said...

Great job on the replica! I see this was a few years ago. I just made one too, and I even made the Toby version! 😜
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1028423059/princess-unicorn-doll-the-office-replica