Monday, October 6, 2008

A Clean house!

My counter has been clean for a week. I've been trying really hard to keep up on certain chores in my home this last week. I've done 2 or 3 batches of dishes and laundry every day and I've kept the counter in my kitchen clean. It feels really good to have a space to prepare food. I've been doing lots of extra cooking since I have the clean counter. I made home made french fries, french bread and corn bread last week. We'll see if I can keep it up this week. I made a few new rules for myself that will help me be happy and keep up on things better. One of those rules is only babysitting once a week. I want to help and serve people by babysitting. But I was finding I was stressing out and not getting much done. I was babysitting all the time and not having the time I need with just my own kids and time to get house work done. So friends please still call me to babysit. I would love to. I just need some time to get things done as well. One other rule (well plan really) I have made for myself is a meal plan. My friend Holly and I have planned out meals for the whole month of October. So every day Holly comes over at 12:00 and we work together to make the dinner for that night. This way my dinner is ready and I just have to put it in the oven and finish vegetables and side dishes to go with it. So when Audrey and Hailey get home from school I can help them with their homework instead of making dinner at that time. :) Wish me luck.

3 comments:

The Eldredge's said...

That is so awesome!! Good luck!! Keep up the good work!!

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

Good job Miriam!

Sarah E said...

I love having a clean house. It just makes my whole day better. Good for you. I love your dinner idea too.