I've been worried about my kids' personal scripture study for some time now. How can you tell someone to just read the scriptures when they don't understand them? I didn't really read my scriptures by myself until I was a teenager. I've decided to issue a challenge to them. Instead of more homework, but this being church homework instead of school home work. It is a challenge, that sounds better than homework, right? I'm going to give them a little slip of paper with an assignment on it for them to read each night. I had originally decided to do it by subject instead of reading in order. But just tonight I decided to use the primary sharing time outline. Since they are teaching by subject in primary each month, I could also teach about the same thing. I feel really good about this idea. I've also decided I'd write each assignment down here so I can keep track of it easily.
November's theme is We Are to Thank God in All Things.
“He commanded them that . . . every day they should give thanks to the Lord their God”
(Mosiah 18:23)
This is what I'll give to my kids:
1. This months primary theme is We are to Thank God in all things.
Read Mosiah chapter 18:23, what is it talking about? Write down your answer and report at scripture study in the morning.
1 comment:
What a great idea!!! I don't have any kids, but I may do this just for me. I think it is brilliant!
Post a Comment